5.11.08

Slow painful death..or so I thought

Yesterday was quite good. I drank less than 2 litres, but more than I normally drink. I had a piece of bread for breakfast, chicken curry with 2 types of veggies for lunch, and 2 pieces of toast for dinner. I didn't purge at all and I felt quite accomplished yesterday. That was until I was rudely awaken in the middle of the night.

Right when I thought I was doing quite okay following what other normal people do (you know...having breakfast, lunch and dinner kind of thing?), I was beaten down by the evil food poisoning. I am not even sure which food caused it, but I woke up in the middle of the night startled, not knowing what woke me up in the first place. I just slept for about four to five hours to begin with and was still drowsy from sleep. It took me several seconds to recognize the uncomfortable sensation in my stomach. Once I was fully awake, my brain sensored the pain and it came rushing forward like a flood. Immediately my body shook all over. I was in painful agony to the point that I doubled over on the bathroom floor, under the shower for so long. I wish I were dead. But then, at the same time I was thinking that I can't afford not coming to work because I have lots of works to do.

An hour later, wet from shower and still having some kind of pain in my stomach, I wrapped myself in a towel and tumbled in bed. I was exhausted and fell asleep almost right away. A couple of hours later, I woke up and got ready for work. I spent half of the day worried to eat anything, afraid if it would happen again. In the end, I got myself cookies from the convenient store for late lunch. And by evening, my routine's back to normal. Oatmeal for dinner.

No comments: